Chevy captiva 2014. A/C running warm. Will not recirculat...

Q: Chevy captiva 2014. A/C running warm. Will not recirculate. And even though I have it on face vents, it blows thru them AND bottom

asked by on July 31, 2017

My air conditioner is running warmer than normal. Also not as strong. The recirculating button will be on but not recirculate. Also will have the air running only on face vents but comes out thru them AND bottom vents. Not for sure if it's a sensor problem or something else. I appreciate the help. Thank you!

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having more than one issue at once. The blend doors control the flow of air through the vents and the cabin. If they are unresponsive, you may have one of several issues. It could be a switch problem, and wiring issue, or a blend door motor fault. Considering more than one blend door is having an issue, you likely have a wiring or switch issue. Only inspection and testing will tell for sure. As for the temperature, it may be low refrigerant pressure. Check that first before looking into the proper operation of the temperature control switch and AC components. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department.