Q: High idling

I remove the throttle body and clean, after I done cleaning I put back in the throttle body, then start the engine.when I start engine the idle is 1800 rpm.

A: This may be a sign of a failing idle air co...

This may be a sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve is located on or near your intake manifold and monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the vehicle's computer which will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage.

When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed. However, when the engine RPM drops below the normal range of 800 RPM (for most cars), it is more than likely that you are dealing with an IAC valve problem. In cases where this valve is clogged or is failing, your vehicle will stall instead of slowing to an idle after the release of the throttle. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to replace your idle air control valve.