Q: When I come to a stop my trunk starts shaking. Just started happening.

asked by on November 24, 2016

I was driving my truck the other day. It started shaking when I slowed down to a stop. So I drove home and parked. Not sure what the problem is. I was driving for about 15 minutes and every time I slowed down to a stop it would shake and my engine light came on and off.

If the Check Engine Light has come on, it is likely that Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been stored and they can be retrieved by a scan tool. If there are downloadable codes, a Check Engine Light diagnostic will quickly reveal the issue(s). There are lots of possible causes of a rough running condition, ranging from ignition and fuel system faults to air induction problems so, if you desire, a certified Mechanic from YourMechanic can be dispatched to perform the diagnostic, apprise you of what needs to be repaired and let you know of the cost.