Q: P0101 Still shows after MAF replacement.

asked by on August 04, 2016

Received a P0101 on my Nissan Altima and brought it in to the mechanics. They replaced my MAF sensor and the check engine light was turned off. After about a week, the engine light is back on and fuel efficiently is noticeably impacted. I believe there is a TSB to have ECU rebooted. Could not resetting ECU be a reason why my fuel efficiency is impacted or could there be another issue at hand?

You are correct, there is a TSB to reprogram the ECU for the symptoms you describe. The reprogramming should take care of your concern of the P0101 code. You will need to go to a Nissan dealer to have the ECU re-programmed.