Q: Incorrect odometer mileage on dashboard

The lights stopped working in my dash gauges so I was able to purchase a used one online and install it. The mileage that shows on the replacement odometer is about 50,000 more that what is actually on my car. Is there a way it can be reprogrammed or adjusted?

Hello. Yes, you can have your odometer reset. Keep in mind it will only be closer to accurate if you haven’t been keeping record of what it should be. This is not something that can be done at home or with a general mechanic. The technician will need a special computer program and manufacturer code to access the computer system, override it, and reprogram it. There are several companies that have developed services like this for your specific make and model. You should not have an issue finding someone in your area. When searching for the service, you will want to look for what the industry calls a "Mileage Correction". If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your odometer firsthand. Best of luck.

3. Incorrect odometer mileage on dashboard