Q: How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery of a 2012 Dodge Ram?

How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery?

The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery should last for at least three years. After three years, there’s a chance that it will die and need to be replaced. Replacing the RKE transmitter battery takes four steps.

1. Buy a replacement battery. The recommended replacement battery is a CR2032.

2. Open the transmitter. Do this by placing the RKE transmitter face down (so that the buttons are facing the ground), and using a flathead screwdriver to pry it open. You should notice a seam along the edge of the RKE transmitter; this is where the two halves connect, and where you should pry the case open from.

3. Replace the battery with your hands. Make sure that your hands are very clean and dry when you do this, or else you may damage the RKE transmitter.

4. Snap the two halves of the case back together.

Tip

If your RKE transmitter isn’t working, it may not be a battery issue. There may be interference with the remote signal. If you are near a radio tower or a cell phone tower, this is possibly the problem.

• How do I replace the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter battery of a 2012 Dodge Ram?