Q: Idle speed too high

asked by on March 28, 2016

The car's idle speed is about 2100 RPM, almost 2.5 times the set speed. The engine is a supercharged 3.8 V6.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The idle speed may be elevated due a a large vacuum leak. When unmetered air has entered the engine, the vehicle may try to compensate by adding fuel. The extra air and fuel translate to an increased idle speed. Have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your high idle speed and provide possible repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr