Q: Overheating with AC on?

asked by on May 20, 2017

When the air conditioner is on, my car overheats when i unplug the thermostat plug the engine with be cool but ac will not come on

AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2753.22 Get a Quote
Radiator Replacement $327.11 - $1271.53 Get a Quote
Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1141.02 Get a Quote

Hi There, Overheating with the AC on is generally caused by a couple of possibilities. When the AC compressor is beginning to fail, this may incur an increased load on the motor as it works harder than usual to turn a bad compressor. This increased load causes the motor to work harder than it otherwise normally would, resulting in the motor overheating. The other possibility may be a cooling system that is not working efficiently. This may be caused by a clogged radiator, blocked or clogged radiator condenser fins, a water pump that is not pumping correctly or potentially cooling fans that are not working properly.