Q: Rebuilt transmission shuddering

I had the automatic transmission along with the torque converter rebuilt on my car 4,000 miles ago. However, it has transmission issues again. The problems such as shuddering occur at around 40 mph when the throttle is applied. The car has a 40L30E automatic now. What should I do?

Take the 2000 Isuzu Trooper back to the rebuilder since they should have a 12,000 mile 12 month warranty on the repairs. They should honor the warranty for you since your car is under mileage. The possible problem in this situation could include a bad torque converter or locked up solenoid. If you would rather have another mechanic take a look at the vehicle, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shuddering issue and let you know what repairs are needed.