Q: won't move in drive

I just got into an accident with my Mercedes C250. The car still turns on, and I am able to shift into drive. But when i step on the pedal the car will not move or go into reverse. What could be wrong here? What should I do?

A: Hello. When your car has been in an acciden...

Hello. When your car has been in an accident, the impact will cause it to go into a fail safe mode. While in fail safe mode, the car may come on but you will be unable to drive. This is especially true if the accident causes the air bags to eject. The fail safe mode will have to be reset after repairs are made before the vehicle will be able to move again. You may be able to find instructions in the owner’s manual for resetting the fail safe mode. If not, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic come to assist you with your acceleration issue.