Q: The alternator wire gets very hot.

The alternator wire gets very hot and it melted the top of my battery. I replaced the megafuse the battery and the alternator and it still gets very hot. You can feel the bolt that goes thru the plastic case that holds the megafuse and the bolt will hurt to touch

Hi there. It sounds like either the alternator is overcharging or there is lower than normal resistance in the circuit. The average alternator output is around 13.8 volts and amperage dependent upon its rating; 90 amp alternator may have a peak output of 88 amps. I strongly suggest having the charging system tested for overcharging. An inspection performed by a qualified technician will help avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.