Q: Need help identifying issue please!

Hello, the other day I went to drive my car and about 10 mins into my drive it was jerking a bit (it had never jersey before) . It would jerk a lot getting up to about 25mph then again when I was coasting about 45mph. At one point while I was at idle at a red light my car died, but then immediately started again just fine. The next day I went to drive it and when I turned it on it didn't sound as strong a startup as usual, the idle was bouncing around a bit, and it died within about 15 seconds. I started it back up, put it in reverse (it only jerked a little bit as I was going in reverse) then I realized there was a huge pile of my transmission fluid under where it had been parked overnight. Before the jerking started yesterday, there was absolutely no leak. So it appears all the transmission fluid drained overnight while my car was parked? Please help! Thanks

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is possible the leak was starting to form when you were driving around the last couple of days. Automatic transmissions have a complex amount of components, seals, gaskets, and various passages for the fluid. The first step is finding out where the fluid is coming from, and in turn finding out how much damage has been done. Only after that assessment will we know what kind of repairs you are looking at. It may be as simple as a fluid line or a gasket, but it may be a sign of a bigger issue. At some point, replacing the transmission will be cheaper than fixing the old one. You will want to weigh your options after getting details about what exactly has failed. For help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Q: Need help identifying issue please!