Q: 2013 Subaru Impreza. Speedometer not working. Abs light on check engine light on and brake light on what could be going on?

asked by on May 03, 2017

Speedometer not working. Check engine light on. Abs light on. And brake light on. Still runs but wondering what the problem could be ?

Speedometer is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The multiple lights coming on is a sign that one of the major components in the vehicle is failing. Considering the lights all seem to be related to the ABS or wheel speed sensors, you may have an issue with communication to your wheels. However, the best way to determine exactly what the vehicle is trying to tell you, is to have it scanned for diagnostic codes. Scanning can be done by a technician or at most local automotive parts stores. From there you can find the common component between the codes, and have a better idea of where to focus your attention. Your vehicle has an extensive traction control system, and it is highly likely a component is not relaying the information the computer needs to run that system, and is not sending your speedometer a signal. For more help with an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr