Q: Doors not locking or unlocking with remote

The doors don't lock or open when I press the buttons on the key remote for my car.

The most likely cause is a dead key fob battery. This is an easy fix; simply pop the back cover off the fob and remove the battery. Take the battery to your local electronics store where they can match you with a replacement. If this does not solve the issue, there may be a problem with the fob or the transceiver. Another possibility is that the system needs to be reprogrammed. If you need further assistance, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your door locks and have the correct repairs made.