Q: What does the “Brake fluid level low” warning in the message center mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the “Brake fluid level low” warning in the message center mean?

Your car is equipped with some pretty advanced equipment in order to monitor the various systems needed for safe driving. One of those sensors is designed to check the level of fluid in the master cylinder reservoir. If the fluid gets low, the car will show a warning in the message center that reads “Brake fluid level low.” You’ll need to open the hood and check the level of fluid in the reservoir. If it’s low, it will need to be topped off. If you notice that it goes low again after you have topped it up, you may have a leak and should get the brake system inspected.