Q: Car check engine light flashing and vibrating a little, shortly after filling up gas tank

asked by on July 18, 2016

After gassing up car started vibrating and check engine light flashing

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

First the Check Engine Light should be addressed to see what code is stored. The code should be diagnosed as needed. The most common reason for the light flashing is a misfire in the engine.

The misfire after getting fuel is most likely from a purge vent valve that leaks when it should be shutting off flow of vapors. The vapors flood the engine when the refilling is done with fuel vapors. This is causing the misfire. Test and replace the purge valve and clear engine codes. If you want to have this done by an expert, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any repairs that are necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr