Q: Clutch problems

asked by on May 20, 2016

The clutch has very little resistance when I get 1/2 down. The gears shift fine and everything else seems okay. Should I have it towed to the dealership, or would it be okay for me to drive the car there?

As long as you can safely shift the transmission without grinding the gears, and the clutch is shifting you should be fine. This sounds like an issue with the clutch hydraulic system. You may be able to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your location to diagnose and repair your clutch hydraulic system, so you could save money from not having to tow your car to an auto shop.