Q: I have a 03' impala it stopped on me a week ago I was told by an8mechanic that it was thw staryer since i had to start it twice in

asked by on August 26, 2017

I have a 03' impala it stopped on me a week ago I was told by an8mechanic that it was thw staryer since i had to start it twice in order for it to actually start so i got the starter changed still wasnt the problem then the mechanic that changed it said it could be the altinator so we went and got a new one and teplaced it after all that it still didn't start he said its not catching any gas but i had filled it on a half a tank before it stopped on me he asked what gas station i get my gas from cause something about watered down gas come to find out the one i got my gas from was the gas station he was talking about so he put some stp fuel injector cleaner in my tank abd said let it sit till the next day which is today so i did i just went out to try again and it still isnt starting so i just wanna know what is the real problem with my car and do i need to concider getting a whole new car

While I don’t wish to cast stones, it doesn’t sound like you have been getting very good advice. A car that doesn’t start at all is usually the easiest kind of problem to diagnose. It’s the cars that only fail sometimes that can be tricky to figure out. If in fact your car is not starting because of water in the fuel, a bottle of STP is not going to solve the problem. The tank will have to be drained and refilled with fresh gas. But you will want to verify that is the problem before taking measures. A technician can draw a sample of the fuel from the fuel line in the engine and let it sit in a clean jar for about ten minutes. If there is no water, the sample will be a clear amber color. Any water will make the sample cloudy and will eventually gather into globs at the bottom of the jar. If the sample turns up clean, then a proper diagnosis should be performed before you buy any more expensive parts. You can have this thing checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your starting problem and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.