Q: My can satar smoothly but engine died few second..

asked by on February 12, 2017

My car Toyota prado 1997 I can star smooth but engine died again So i change fuel pump and immobilizer but still same prolem. ... Please advice. .. Regards

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you may have an idle air control valve failing. Can you hold the accelerator pedal to keep the engine running? If so, this is the most likely cause of what you’re experiencing. If, however, the engine still stalls while holding the accelerator then there could be some other faults that may need a proper inspection. There could be a weak ignition coil, numerous faulty sensors that may be sending false signals to the ECM, or other mechanical concerns. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car starts then stalls inspection.