Q: Does a transmission module needs to be reset after replacing the transmission?

asked by on June 01, 2016

I had a transmission replaced on my 2003 BMW 525i and the car is still not running. The mechanic said that I need to take it to the dealer so they can have the module reset. I want to know if this is true or the mechanic just don't know what to fix on the car to have it running again.

Hello there, in some cases the transmission control module will need to be reflashed or programmed to the new transmission or it will need to be updated with the newest software. Usually, only dealers have the ability to program the car’s various computers.