Q: What does hot air below the driver' feet indicate?

Very Hot air comes on both driver and passenger's feet when driving, even though heater or A/C isn't on. The top vents blow out this hot air. I also smell a bit of something burning but not sure what it is. Please tell, what is the problem? ?

Hi there:

If the heater is not on and the vents are blowing hot air, it’s possibly caused by a malfunction of the heater motor relay or the heater core. What’s most likely happening is that there is an electrical issue that is causing the heater to activate without being activated by the driver. The burning smell might be debris or dust inside the vents or an electrical issue. For an issue like this, I’d recommend contacting a mobile mechanic as soon as possible to complete a heater is not working correctly inspection to determine what is causing this to occur.