Q: Slow coolant loss

asked by on June 22, 2017

Hello, My car has had most of the cooling system components replaced i.e. radiator, expansion tank, upper and lower radiator hoses, o-ring on the lower radiator hose sensor, thermostat and water pump.

The car still seems to lose a wee bit of coolant every month +- 200ml. The car runs fine, no signs of oil and water mixing, it has plenty of power and i'm just worried about this apparent slow leak.

thanks

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Put a clean sheet of paper or cardboard under the car when you park it at the end of your day and check it the next morning for spots. You may or may not see something helpful. If not, sometimes very slow leaks will sit on the engine and evaporate before having time to drip down to the ground. If that is happening, it will leave deposits that can be spotted by someone who knows where to look. If the leak is making you nervous, contact your mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your coolant leak and let you know if you should be worried and what can be done about it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr