Q: Vibration noise when letting off the accelerator

Hi, I drive a 2012 Chrysler 300, and when I let off the gas, my car makes a vibration noise for about 2 seconds. Sometimes longer. I can also feel it faintly in the pedal. And occasionally, when I start my car, after about 20 seconds of just idling, my car makes the same vibration noise, but louder, and the revs drop. What could this be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There may be a few different things going on. First and foremost we need to make sure the throttle is not sticking and that the brakes are complete released. If the issue is more serious, then there is likely an stabilizing component that is loose or malfunctioning. This may be a difficult repair to trace down at this point. You will want to look into the CV joints and U joints. If they are leaking grease or extra dirty, then you likely need to replace them. There are also several engine bearings that may stumble or vibrate in this situation if they are failing or loose. Only further testing will tell. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Vibration noise when letting off the accelerator