Q: Q: What does the “Check fuel fill inlet” warning mean in the message center?

What does the “Check fuel fill inlet” warning mean in the message center?

The “check fuel fill inlet” warning is an indication of an issue with the fuel cap, which covers the fuel fill inlet. Fuel caps are a vital part of the evaporative emissions (EVAP) system. If the fuel cap is damaged, or not affixed to the fuel fill inlet properly, this may lead to fuel leaks, decreased gas mileage, and/or more serious issues with the evaporative emissions (EVAP) system.

• When the fuel cap is affixed securely to the fuel fill inlet, this creates a vacuum pressure seal. The vacuum pressure seal enables pressurized fuel to flow through the fuel system.

• When the fuel fill inlet is sealed properly by the fuel cap, harmful pollutants and fumes are sealed inside the fuel tank. This is an important part of the evaporative emissions (EVAP) system, and doing so prevents these harmful pollutants and fumes from being emitted into the environment.

• The fuel cap protects the composition of the fuel tank when it is secured to the fuel fill inlet properly. This prevents outside contaminants from being able to enter into the fuel tank through the fuel fill inlet.

The “check fuel fill inlet” warning may be an indication of the following:

• The fuel cap is missing
  • The fuel cap is loose
  • The fuel cap is damaged
  • The fuel cap is screwed on too tightly
  • There is debris in the fuel fill inlet
  • There is a vacuum pressure leak
  3. Q: What does the “Check fuel fill inlet” warning mean in the message center?