Q: high idle after cleaning throttle body

My car started stalling and after cleaning the throttle body, air flow sensor and air cleaner it stopped stalling and the idle increased from 1000 to 1500 and comes to 1000 rpm after engaging gear. When it was new normal idle was 1000 rpm, after engaging gear it would come between 400 to 600 rpm. Is this normal?

Not knowing the vehicle’s year, make, or model makes this more difficult to diagnose.

You probably need an idle learn reset procedure with a professional scan tool.

For some models, such as Nissan, a learn reset will be required, and they typically do not recommend throttle body cleaning. However, since you said it helped with your stalling issue, my best bet is that you will need to have an idle learning reset done.