Q: Everytime I drive on the freeway 60+ mph it starts to wobble.

I have a brand new honda accord 2017 500 miles, just got it 3 weeks ago. Every time I drive on the freeway, 60+ miles it starts to wobble and I feel it. It usually happens in the morning and sometimes in the after noon on my way to school or work.

But right now, me and my dad took it for a test drive and went 60+, at 10pm. It didn't wobble. Is it because of the cold weather in the morning? I hop on the freeway within 5 minutes of starting the engine. My car has 500 miles.

This a warranty issue and that means that, regardless of the cause, which I will help you with momentarily, the dealership is absolutely required to resolve this issue and resolve it pronto due to the existence of Federal and state "lemon laws". So, if the problem exists and is recurring as you operate the vehicle, notify the dealership and per the requirements of the "lemon laws", the dealership is accorded so many chances (typically 3 or so) to get it resolved, otherwise the dealership is on the hook in terms of providing you with a working vehicle. If you need documentation, or proof of the existence of a vibration problem, a certified Mechanic can provide such during a vibration diagnostic.

Tires that sit will sometimes develop flat spots that could manifest as noise or vibration on initial start up. In other words the tire is not perfectly round, due to the flat spot. However, such will resolve itself quickly as you start out, particularly in your case where the tires are new and will not have suffered from, for example, irregular tread wear. Wheel/tire assemblies, even on new cars, could also suffer from imbalance that was not properly corrected. Regardless of ambient temperature, if you are experiencing abnormal vibration, noise, thumping, or the like, after say 10 miles of driving then there is something wrong. Apart from temporary flat spots on tires and imbalance, keep in mind, there are a fair number of other faults that can cause unwanted, abnormal vibrations and noises. But, again, it is not your problem to identify the "cause"; that’s the dealership’s problem.

The bottom line is legally, per the warranty, the car must be repaired by the dealership, if there is a fault, and such must be accomplished according a specific timetable based on these "lemon laws". Typically, a motor vehicle manufacturer will respond favorably and get the issue resolved once they know they are dealing with a consumer who evidences complete understanding of their rights. Consequently, give the dealership a chance to resolve the issue (be aware and involved: suggest to them tire defect, excessive radial force variation in a tire(s), imbalance, other rotating component imbalance, etc.). If the issue is not resolved though, send a certified letter to the dealer and to the manufacturer advising them that if the vehicle is not repaired under the warranty, as required, you will forthwith file a claim under the applicable lemon laws. You should also file a written complaint with NHTSA using their on-line format because NHTSA is a principal regulatory agency that tracks motor vehicle defects and they will be interested to hear of your experience. Your complaint, if and once filed, becomes part of a publicly accessible, and easily searchable database, of vehicle defects, of course all personal identifying information is redacted though. If you have further concerns or questions, related to this or any other motor vehicle problem, do not hesitate to re-contact us.

3. Everytime I drive on the freeway 60+ mph it starts to wobble.