Q: planning to purchase older model car...seems good... how can i be sure it is good?

want to buy mazada 6, 2003, 139000 miles 4 cyl, runs good, dual exhaust for total cost, tags license, etc. $5,511. How can I tell it is as good as it looks, warranty, as is... please help me, want to purchase tomorrow, said he would hold till tomorrow 5pm

A: I would highly recommend a pre purchase ins...

I would highly recommend a pre purchase inspection from your trusted automotive technician. Typically I look for wreck damage, body lines matching up, orange peel in the paint (signs of paint repair), frame damage or rusting, warning lights on the dash, a monitor check on the diagnostic connector to ensure codes have not been cleared, fluid leaks, a road test, check tire condition, check brakes, and so many more things regarding steering and suspension.

All of these items are included in a 'courtesy' check which many shops offer. Then compare the cost of any potential repairs to the Kelley Blue Book value. A certified mechanic can perform a pre purchase inspection for the things that I've listed and find out whether or not that is a fair price for the vehicle.