Q: Hearing clicking from wheel housing while turning

When turning sharply or accelerating while turning car makes clicking noise from the wheel area. Trying to figure out what might possibly be wrong with it.there are no visible blockages or anything rubbing that I can see. Does not happen when driving straight only when turning to the right. What might be causing this?

A: Hi. A clicking noise while turning in a fro...

Hi. A clicking noise while turning in a front wheel drive car is usually caused by damaged or worn CV joints. CV joints are mounted on each end of a front axle and they transfer power to the wheels from the transmission. The CV joint allows flexibility in each end of the axle shaft as the vehicle is going down the road. To have this repaired, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can verify the cause of the noise and replace the CV joint as necessary.