Q: How do you manually shift the automatic transmission?

How do you manually shift the automatic transmission?

A: While your automatic transmission is capabl...

While your automatic transmission is capable of shifting all on its own, you might want to take matters into your own hands. You can actually drive your Nissan like it’s a stick shift, even if you don’t have a manual transmission. Here’s how:

1. Move the gearshift to the left, through the manual shift gate to the Ds setting.

2. Move the gearshift upward to shift to a higher gear.

3. Move the gearshift downward to shift to a lower gear.

4. To shift back to normal, move it back to the right to the normal gear selection (park, neutral, drive, etc.).

Tip

• There are six shiftable gears in the transmission. Six is the highest and rated for highway speeds. First is designed for initial takeoff.