Q: Startup problems, no dashboard lights but the headlights and radio are on

I have some problems with my vehicle. I tried to start it but it wouldn't. There was no dashboard lights but the headlights and radio turned on. I thought that key fibers are worn so I used the other key but nothing changed. After I turned the key several times, it finally turned on. I am not sure what the issue is. I tested the battery, the starter motor and alternator and every part checked out fine. Do you have any ideas what causes this? Is it the ignition switch perhaps?

A faulty ignition could cause an issue where some systems receive "key on" power and others do not. If the vehicle is not starting with all dash lights and systems operational it could be an issue with the immobilizer circuit. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment to pull possible diagnostic codes from the immobilizer function and who will be able to conduct the electrical tests on the ignition switch to diagnose your starting issue and determine the cause of the failure

3. Startup problems, no dashboard lights but the headlights and radio are on