Q: AC not working correctly

The AC in my car comes out colder on the passenger's side when compared to the driver's side, and is putting out hot air through the floor vents. The auto store person mentioned that it might need a modulator. I also have a slow oil leak.

Hi. When air comes out of the vents at uneven temperatures, the blend door actuator is usually at fault. Either debris buildup is blocking the door from moving or the electronic actuator on the door itself is malfunctioning. A technician can usually spot the actuator if they look into the dashboard while someone is operating the AC controls. Have a mechanic inspect the AC system in your vehicle to eliminate further complications. Also, most oil leaks originate from the valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket. I strongly suggest having a training technician inspect the engine seals for leakage.