Q: Nothing turns on the car

Hello I had a question I have a Nissan maxima 96 and I try to started but nothing turn on no lights no dash board lights is complete dead I wanted to know if is the battery that I need a new one or the alternator?

A: From what you’ve described you may just hav...

From what you’ve described you may just have a bad battery connection. You should first have the vehicle jump started to see if it stays running and look for any lights that may have been left on. Once the jumper is removed if the vehicle stays running and no lights are on in the dash then most likely the alternator is charging. After making sure nothing was left on let the engine run at about 1200 RPMs for 15 minutes and then shut it off. You’ll be able to see if battery will restart the car. If it doesn’t then the battery is most likely bad. All of these tests should be done with test meters as it will be able to diagnose problems better. Since you can’t get the car, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your house to diagnose the issue with your battery for an accurate repair.