Q: SUV rollback - 2015 Buick Encore Automatic

When I stop on an incline, even if it is just a slight incline, my SUV rolls backward around 6 - 12 inches while I am moving my foot to the accelerator pedal from the brake pedal. This has almost caused an accident two different times by hitting vehicles behind us when at a red light because my SUV would roll backwards, almost into them.

Secondly, there are columns that reduce my visibility through a rear window, which is already designed too small for an SUV like this (or any vehicle). The built-in rear-view camera is pretty much useless in most normal lighting conditions and it has almost no resolution. Because of this, I can not see what is behind my vehicle when I am backing up or backing out of my driveway, for example. In your experience, have you found a way to solve these problems?

One alternative for the "hill rollback" problem would be to hold the brake pedal with your left foot, use your right foot to press the accelerator, then release the brake as the vehicle moves forward. The visibility issue is a design issue unfortunately.

3. SUV rollback - 2015 Buick Encore Automatic