Q: clutch

asked by on December 04, 2017

Hello,

My 2011 Kia Soul 's clutch is worn out and unable to disengage the transmission. I took it to a Kia auto repair shop and the mechanic told me the clutch is worn out and he would need to replace/purchase a new clutch, disk cover, throw out bearing, resurfacing the fly wheel, and using gear oil totaling to $1600 in repairs.

Now, when I look at your clutch services, these options are not present. This leads me to believe the Kia auto shop is attempting to charge as much as possible and fix things that do not even need to be replaced.

So my question is this, with the information I have given you; could you surmise what needs to be replaced/fixed, and if so where the options are listed as on your website when I sign up for an appointment.

In conclusion, my clutch is worn out and no longer disengaging the transmission. Kia auto repair says they can fix it for $1600, but I believe it can be fixed for substantially less money. would love to do it through you guys

Unfortunately many times the transmission needs to be removed in order to replace the clutch. In many areas that are service by YourMechanic, transmission removal is not provided on the platform. This is why you may not have seen some of the other services listed. It is also possible that the clutch has been damage to the point where other parts have failed. It will be difficult to determine whether or not this is the case without having the vehicle inspected by a qualified professional.