Q: The dealer is telling me I have to replace the seat rail in my ford edge because they don't manufacture parts to repair the proble

I have a problem with the passenger Side seat not tilting. Everything is turning but nothing is happening. the dealer told me I have to replace the seat rail assembly since ford doesn't manufacture replacement parts to repair the power seat!

Hello. If the gears inside the tilting mechanism are broken off, the motor may run, but the seat will not move. While most of these parts can be sold and replaced separately, not all parts are serviceable. If the part which is broken inside is not serviceable there may be other ways to solve the problem. Depending on the true nature of the problem and what is mechanically wrong with the seat, you may either be able to find a used assembly, or even a used seat. To get a second inspection to verify that the assembly is really to blame, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. The dealer is telling me I have to replace the seat rail in my ford edge because they don't manufacture parts to repair the proble