Q: Slight tapping after overheating.

I was driving and my car got hot. I realized that there was water pouring out of the freeze plug. I had that part fixed, but now there's a slight tapping in the motor.

The freeze plugs were designed to pop out if your coolant froze to prevent damage to the motor. They do not come out from overheating. The leaking water from the freeze plug means that it rusted out from the inside. This means that all the freeze plugs and possibly other components are rusted just as bad and may start leaking at any time. The tapping noise may be the overheating caused engine damage. I would have the noise checked and the oil changed to see if it helps.