Q: Let truck get low on gas. Will not start now unless I add some gas to the tank.

Let my truck get very low on gas. Now it will not start unless a little gas is added to the tank. Doesn't have to be much. Less than a gallon. Will run fine and able to drive it. When I try to crank it a little while later it will start but after several hours or next day will not. When I add gas it cranks right up again..but again won't start later on. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you

A: It sounds like you are running out of gas. ...

It sounds like you are running out of gas. It is possible that your fuel level gauge or sending unit may be faulty, not showing the true level of fuel. Try adding more than a few gallons to see if the fuel gauge moves. Next time it acts up, try opening the gas cap without putting any fuel in and see if starts. If it starts with the gas cap removed, you may have a vent solenoid failure. If you'd like to have an expert check this out, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the starting issue to verify any faults.