Q: oil pressure light blinking when start,My car is toyota 86,can advise me?

The oil pressure light will blinking when i start my enjine

Hello, thank you for writing in. The moment you put your key in the ignition, or get into the vehicle with a keyless starting system, the vehicle begins to run tests on its monitored components. The oil pressure system is one of those which is tested, which is why the light comes on right when the vehicle starts. The warning light will come with a diagnostic code(s) that can be read with a scan tool. This can be done by a technician or at most automotive parts stores. Use these codes to help determine what component has failed it test, or has shown an error with the system. Check your oil level to make sure you are topped off and do not have a leak. You can also test to see if there is a sensor issue, or if your oil pressure is really higher or lower than it is supposed to be. You may need to replace a sensor, or you may need to figure out what is causing the difference in pressure. There may be an issue with the oil pump, oil level, or the filter. Only further testing will tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. oil pressure light blinking when start,My car is toyota 86,can advise me?