Q: Why is my nissan altima over heating

asked by on September 09, 2017

Why is my nissan altima over heating even tho i changed busted upper radiator hose & added new colant but leaks the new coolant from somewhere else

Water Pump Replacement $172.27 - $1183.89 Get a Quote

There are a number of places that the coolant may be leaking from. If there are no leaks coming from any of the hoses, the leak may be coming from the water pump. Generally, when a water pump is going bad, you may hear a bit of a whining sound combined with the pump leaking. The most common place for the water pump to leak from is the pulley shaft seal which is in the front of the pump where the shaft comes out of the pump housing. When the pump is leaking, it will typically cause the engine to overheat as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your water pump.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr