Q: Why car won't start help. Tried to help with obd.

asked by on February 11, 2017

egr flow insufficient, evap emission system purge cvault, crank shaft position sensor a circuit malfunction, random cylinder misfire

Among the possible faults that you have listed, the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) is particularly noteworthy. If the CPS has indeed failed such is a very common cause of no starts. Consequently, your most efficient option would be to request a check engine light diagnostic. During that diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would test the CPS to determine if the sensor itself (as opposed to the external sensor wiring or terminal connection) is in fact not working. If the CPS is faulty the mechanic will replace it. Once the engine is running, the other engine faults that you are reporting would be diagnosed, and repaired, in turn. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.