Q: Slight vibration and a humming noise coming from steering column and the front wheels

I am experiencing issues in the steering column and the front left wheel. When driving at a speed between 30 - 80 mph the steering wheel develops a slight vibration. The vibration occurs when the steering wheel is at a straight forward position or at any position to the left of the steering wheel, as soon as I turn the vehicle slightly to the right the vibration and humming disappears. In the past I have had a warning light stating service advance track but the light does not provide any type of code with in the EC you after it disappears. I am trying to pin down the issue to either the advanced steering controls needing to be reprogrammed or the wheel bearing needs to be replaced

Based on the symptoms you are describing, you may have a wheel bearing that has developed some free play and may also have dried out. This can cause both a vibration and a humming noise. If you have altered the size of the tires or wheels in any way and the tires are wearing improperly, this can also result in a traction control light, a humming noise, and vibration in the steering wheel. I would recommend having your truck inspected by a qualified professional to determine the cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this inspection can be done from your home or office.

3. Slight vibration and a humming noise coming from steering column and the front wheels