Q: My car is overheating - 2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500

My truck is running hot, not to the red line (but it got close yesterday). It is leaking all of the coolant out of the bottom of the truck by the firewall, i can refill it with water & it will slowly leak at first bit after i drive it & it heats up it will leak out all at once when i shut the vehicle off. The heat is no longer working. It started going out in the rear first, then the whole thing stopped working, it just blows cold air. Also, the drives door reads ajar on my message center, but it is closed. This causes me to be unable to lock or unlock my doors automatically or roll the windows up or down.

A: As you may know, overheating can be caused ...

As you may know, overheating can be caused by many different things such as a clogged radiator, a faulty thermostat, a bad coolant fan switch, or potentially a blown head gasket. The heater will usually not work properly when you have an overheating problem due to the fact that the heater core uses the hot coolant to run through a smaller radiator in the heater core, which in turn uses this to blow the hot air inside the cab.

I would recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect your cooling system and determine any needed repairs.