Q: Car takes longer to start, shakes, idles poorly & does not accelerate well going uphill. Check engine light is on.

I gathered from online forums that the ignition coil pack maybe faulty. We had a tune-up & had this pack plus the spark plug & wires replaced 5 years ago when we had CEL associated with misfire. This time, I noticed there are tiny sparks coming out of one corner. Does it need to be replaced again? Or something else is the problem? How much would this cost me?

A: The symptoms you describe definitely sound ...

The symptoms you describe definitely sound like a severe engine misfire. This is likely related to the coil since you have obvious signs of failure (arcing from the side). I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic perform an inspection of the car's starting issue, Check Engine Light, and shaking problem. The technician will then be able to determine the exact failure, what parts need replaced, and a complete estimate for the repairs. If you choose to book the appointment with YourMechanic, the initial inspection fee will be credited towards the repair.