How long will a diagnostic take on a car that has no powe...

Q: How long will a diagnostic take on a car that has no power

asked by on September 06, 2017

How long does it take to run a diasgnostic on a car with no power?

Hi Erica. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It really depends on the root source of the no power issue that would determine how long a diagnostic inspection would take. Our professional mechanics always try to gain as much information about any problem prior to arriving to the appointment so they can be as prepared as possible to determine what is causing the issue. If your car has no power, meaning that you have no lights, accessories working, or unable to start the car, the issue is likely a battery or battery cables that are faulty - so it should be rather quick. If the problem is that you can’t start the vehicle, but have power to other systems, that could take a bit longer. You can request an estimate to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection if you’d like by clicking this link.