Q: How do I know if the motor is getting power? 2012 Ford Fiesta

The wipers in the front stopped working. I took the wipers, "shroud", and motor off and checked the plug in for power with the wipers on on. None of the four posts seem to have power.

Hi there - since it sounds like you have a voltmeter and know what you’re doing with it, I am trusting that you have checked the fuses for the windshield wipers, and have made sure the switch was in the slow/fast speed position. With the ignition switch in the "On" position, if you aren’t getting 12v at any of the pins at the motor, the wiper switch or the wiring is the most likely failure point. You can double-check by unplugging the wiper switch harness, and check for 12v into and out of the switch to confirm. For assistance, I recommend a wipers not working inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.