Q: Car shakes when traveling over 60 MPH

When travel over 60 MPH my car begins to shake bad, when I travel below that speed the car is smooth as ever. I have recently have had the front axles replaced along with the front struts. I was told by someone I know who works on cars I need a new rack and pinion. When i took my car into the Nissan dealer a while back for an oil change they did not mention anything but the axles which i replaced already and I can say it made a difference but did not cure the problem all the way.

Hello. I would recommend taking the car to have the alignment checked. Sometimes when the car is not properly aligned this can cause a shaking effect. At the same time, you may also want to have the wheels and tires balanced as this can also cause a shaking effect if they are not properly balanced. Lastly, I would also recommend checking the wheel bearings as well as they can also cause a bit of shaking when they are severely worn as well. If you need help having this tested, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shaking issue and advise you on repairs.