Q: i think my gear shift is broken because it is very loose. and car won't start

I think that my gear shift is broken because it is very loose and the key will turn but not start... can you please help me

It’s possible the linkage, or cable, is faulty which could explain the no start because if the linkage is not in the proper position the neutral start safety switch might not work. To determine the exact problem, please request a shift mechanism/cable diagnostic and a certified mechanic dispatched by YourMechanic will come right to your location, inspect the assembly and resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. i think my gear shift is broken because it is very loose. and car won't start