Q: I accidentally hit the panic button on the key fob of my 2005 chevy avalanche and now it won't start. I put a new battery in the key fob.

I accidentally hit the panic button on my key fob and now my truck won't start. Related battery on key fob already.

Hi there. Remove the battery cables (+ and -) and then put them back on after 12 minutes. This will clear the computer out and reset the security. Then put the key in the door and as you unlock the door, push the unlock on the key fob. This will reset the key fob to the computer as a relearn. Then attempt to start the engine. If the engine does not start, then you may have to reprogram the key fob to the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting after having the panic button pressed, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I accidentally hit the panic button on the key fob of my 2005 chevy avalanche and now it won't start. I put a new battery in the key fob.