Q: Ride height was raised when fitted with new wheels/tires

My question is regarding suspension mods. My car’s ride height was raised when it was fitted with 18” wheels/tires. I want to use either koni springs or eibach to lower the car by about 50mm. In doing this, I do not want to affect the 4WD systems, nor the steering/suspension. A fairly firmer ride is something I can deal with. What is your advice for this?

We do not normally deal much with aftermarket modifications here, nor do we endorse specific brand or manufacturers of components. I do have to say though, that you are going about this modification in a correct manner. You will want to to get springs that are specifically manufactured to lower the ride height and not springs that were modified by cutting or heating. You may want to consult with a local suspension shop or a certified mechanic to inspect the suspension and advise on a repair.

3. Ride height was raised when fitted with new wheels/tires