Q: Low coolant level warning

asked by on July 08, 2016

The dashboard in my car shows the "low coolant level" warning. It occurs only on the startup. However, I keep the coolant at the optimum level at all times. Why is this warning coming up?

Coolant Level Sensor Replacement $94.39 - $325.13 Get a Quote
Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the coolant level shows low when the coolant is cold, and then reads fine once it warms up, then most of the time this is due to a bad coolant level sensor. This is assuming that the coolant is indeed at the correct level.

If it is, then I usually start by testing the sensor itself to see if it is reading correctly. Most of the time this is the problem. In some cases it can be a wiring issue, but that is not as common. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your coolant warning light and repair this.